WGDO is the first non-profit international organization to promote the development of green design throughout the world. WGDO finds Nordic Edge to be an attractive partner and important venue where they can meet many potential Nordic partners.
Over the last two years, Nordic Edge has been working to establish Chinese partners. Now the contract has been signed and exiting plans are being outlined for the Chinese presence at the Nordic Edge Expo held in Stavanger, Norway this Autumn from September 26th - 28th.
A special seminar on smart cities in China is planned as part of the Nordic Edge conference. Many Chinese cities are experiencing rapid urbanization with large and immediate challenges, whilst China, at the same time, is seeing rapid development of smart, sustainable services.
WGDO will promote Nordic Edge amongst Chinese smart cities and companies, encouraging their participation in the conference and exhibition in Stavanger in September.
- Nordic Edge Expo is an important meeting place in the Nordics for everyone who works with smart cities. It is also an attractive forum for participants from other countries, including China. The partnership between China and Nordic Edge provides Norwegian and Nordic companies a great opportunity to showcase themselves to the Chinese business community, says Herbjørn Tjeltveit, CEO for Nordic Edge.
The agreement between Nordic Edge, Innovation Norway China and World Green Design Organization was signed in Stavanger on February 15th 2017. Xing Lei from WGDO and Gao Peng from Innovation Norway's China office were over for a two-day visit to Stavanger.
They also had meeting with Innovation Norway Stavanger Office during their visit for the cooperation of Nordic Edge Expo 2017.
Further comments, please contact
Herbjørn Tjeltveit, Chief Executive Officer Nordic Edge: + 47 475 09 10
- World Green Design Organization (WGDO) consists of an executive committee, the council, and the general assembly, with members spread out in almost thirty countries. As of today, the organization has offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Yangzhou, Hong Kong, Brussels, London, Paris, Stockholm, Berlin and Frankfurt.
- WGDO promotes the communication and cooperation of information, technology, materials, projects, capital and talents by running various forms of activities, such as the World Green Design Forum in China and Europe, the World Green Design Expo and the election of World Green Design Product Award/ the World Green Design Contribution Award, release the “Green Design Reports”, etc.
- WGDO jointly with IN China will work for the promotion of Nordic Edge in China, as well as organize delegation to Nordic Edge Expo in September 2017.
NORDIC EDGE FACTS:
- Nordic Edge is a nonprofit corporation owned by private companies working in close cooperation with municipalities and city administrations to promote solutions for smarter cities and communities.
- Nordic Edge aims to function as a smart city accelerator, putting the Nordics on the global map as a vital region fostering innovative solutions for a smarter, safer, greener and better world.
- Nordic Edge is also the driving force behind the emerging smart city cluster ‘Smart cities and communities’, encompassing more than 60 companies and institutions.
- Nordic Edge aims to be one of Europe´s most important arenas for knowledge exchange and inspiration to creators of smarter businesses, smarter homes and smarter cities. By bringing together the best thinkers and the best doers, Nordic Edge Expo will be a not-to-be missed arena for inspiration, insights, idea exchange and action.
For further information: www.nordicedge.org
Innovation Norway China facts:
- Innovation Norway China has offices in both Beijing and Shanghai, and with close cooperation with the Norwegian Consulate General in Guangzhou. Innovation Norway Beijing office is also the Commercial Section of the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Beijing. Mr. Knut Roald Sørlie, the Country Director of IN China, is also the Commercial Counsellor of the Norwegian Embassy in Beijing.
- IN China has been working for green smart city promotion in China from 2013, with cooperation partners both in Norway and China.
- IN China jointly with WGDO has built up a Nordic Platform of Green Innovation and Smart City in China in cooperation with other partners. Delegation will be organized through this cooperation both to Norway and China.