Family Immigration

Do you have family members living in Norway who you want to come and live with? If so, you may be eligible for applying for family immigration. All applications will be forwarded to the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in Norway for consideration.

Photo: Berit Roald/NTB scanpix.

If you are married to or are a registered partner of the person living in Norway, you are entitled to a family immigration permit if you otherwise meet the requirements. Read more

If you are planning to get married in Norway, you can apply for a residence permit to enter into marriage (fiancé permit). The purpose of this permit is to enable you to get married in Norway. The permit is valid for six months. You must live with your fiancé in Norway during this period. If you do not get married in the course of six months, you must leave Norway. After you have married, you... Read more

Photo: Øyvind Markussen/NTB scanpix.

If you have children living in Norway you can apply for a temorary residence permit which entitles you as a parent to visit your children for up to nine months. The permit does not entitle you to work in Norway, and you must return to your home country when the residence permit expires. Read more